Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Hill Issues Statement about NFL Openings

Well everyone Hill has finally spoken, and it should please just about everyone. A quote from his press conference:


"I have a great job and great respect for Fresno State, Dr. John Welty, Athletics Director Thomas Boeh and, most importantly, the players and coaches. Because of that, I have told the NFL teams I've spoken with that they have a 10-day window in which to interview me for their head coaching position. That time frame was well thought out and will close in time for the Fresno State football program to move forward with both recruiting and team preparations for the 2006 season. Because that window does not meet the schedules of some of the NFL teams, I will not be interviewing with every team that has expressed an interest in me. There are, however, some teams that I have spoken with and will continue to have discussions with until that window closes. That window will not be extended, however, and if that means it will remove me from consideration for a head coaching position in the NFL, then so be it."

No comments: